Snort mailing list archives

Re: Change of IP address

From: "Travis Farmer" <travis5765 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:06:48 -0400

First thing i would check is how is the IP address of said machine set? If it is set as a static IP then something is up. If it's set via DHCP (automatic configuration) then the IP address may change whenever the computer resets ot the DHCP lease runs out.

Thats about as helpfull as i can be though.

~Travis

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Hello,

How can I setup a rule in snort to detect when a machine had an ip address
changed. This Unixware box here on my network
mysteriously changes ip address's and I can't figure out how its doing that.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Chris