Snort mailing list archives

RE: Strange traffic?

From: Thomas Whipp <tkw () objectronix co uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:50:45 +0100

its a common technique for bypassing non-stateful filtering
routers which have to allow DNS replies in.

A similar question would be "why is a client using low ports
to make DNS requests?" so if possible it wouldn't hurt to
check the packet body or client system to see if it could
actually be DNS traffic.

    Tom