Snort mailing list archives

Re: Code Green???

From: Ian Cudlip <ian () insight-media co uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:55:47 +0100

This seems normal...

Update - NAI have released version 2 of their extra.dat which seems to detect
things now.... You can use this for scanning exes. AVP works too.

Theres no point to scan for readme.exe, that is the virus itself - cmd.exe,
root.exe etc. are scanned to attempt to infect the machines..

Has anyone gone through the binary with an editor yet to get out all these
registry changes it might to make? (quickly gone through myself)..

Ian.