Snort mailing list archives

Re: openBSD compile error #2

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:07:16 -0400

According to al3x payne:
Output of running ./configure on the most recent snort release on a
fairly default OpenBSD 2.9 install with mySQL installed from the 2.9
ports tree:

   ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
   checked in the following places
         /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib
         /usr/local/lib/mysql/lib/mysql

I was able to circumvent a couple of other mysql compile errors by
setting up symlinks to the files that configure wants, but this one just
puzzles me, as I'm not sure what specific file it means by "mysqlclient
library.'  Any other OpenBSD-ers with thoughts on the general compile
process?  thnx.

Use the snort port which handles the dependancies needed.

-brian