Snort mailing list archives

Re: Machine placement

From: "snortlst snortlst" <snortlst () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:21:18 -0500

Let's say I want to capture three types of traffic:
1. Between router and firewall : bad external traffic coming on your network
2. On my DMZ : bad traffic your firewall let come in
3. On my local network : Policy enforcement, backdoor infected local
systems, etc.
Should I use three different snort machines for that purpose?