Snort mailing list archives

log files

From: Adriel Navarro <anavarro () blackboard com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:06:21 -0400

I am running snort 1.8.1 and am using the unified log format for alert and
log as well as log for mysql. When snort logs to the logging directory it
creats a logfile in the format of : 0831 () 1833-snort log and then creates
multiple files based on the date and time, is there anyway to get this to
log to a static snort.log or snort.alert file? I am trying out barnyard and
it requires you to tell it what file to look at. My snort startup looks
like:

/opt/snort/bin/snort -c /opt/snort/etc/snort.conf -u snort -g snort -y -z
est -i any -l /var/log/snort/  -o -D

Mr. Adriel Navarro
Unix Systems Administrator
Blackboard ASP