Snort mailing list archives

RE: Daemon mode

From: "John Berkers" <berjo () ozemail com au>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:13:59 +1000

Anupam,

You need to kill snort.

kill `cat /var/run/snort_<interface>.pid`

You will need to specify the correct interface that snort is running on,
also while this works on a linux system, this may not work on other *nix
flavours.  You might like to try:

ps -ax | grep snort

kill <pid of snort process>

Hope that helps some.

regards,

John Berkers                                       ICQ: 112912
Network Services                            Hansen Corporation
john.berkers () hancorp com au               berjo () ozemail com au