Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ipchains questions

From: Borja Marcos <borjam () sarenet es>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:30:02 +0200

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 17:40, you wrote:
I could make a great many amusing comments about 3Com switches here ("Sure,
I know how to get it working - first, trick cisco into giving you a
tradein...") but they'd be futile - it wouldn't get rid of the 700-some
SuperStack's we've got!

It's called roving analysis on the 3Com's - from the terminal interface do:

feature
analyzer
add <the port you want the copied traffic to go out of>
start <the port you want to monitor>

        With Cisco,

        config terminal
        interface fastethernet 0/number
        port monitor fastethernet 0/number
        ^Z
        write

        You can have actually more than one monitor running. However, it increases
the load and you can experience delays.

        Borja.