Snort mailing list archives

Re: SPADE question

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:26:17 +0200

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 02:56:41PM -0500, Neil Dickey wrote:
I have some questions for those of you who are using SPADE:

How's it working for you?

Fine. With it I detected a Warez Server in my subnet that was there,
because somebody was using M$ Windows.

Is it useful, or does it generate a lot of noise?
It generates some noise, but that can be optimized.

How much additional load does it impose on your Snort box?
Dunno, it's "always on"

How do you have it configured?

I use the default settings.

--
Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people