Snort mailing list archives

Snort v1.8 b7 Windows Problems

From: Dennis Cooper <dennisc () kdoc dc state ks us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:38:35 -0500

I have a problem with Snort v1.8 Beta v7 that maybe someone else has a
solution to...
I am running Windows 2000 Sp2, & Snort 1.8 Beta 7.
Snort loads and runs fine with this startup line (same one I used for quite
some time with Snort v1.7):
c:\snort\snort.exe -i2 -Afull -cc:\snort\snort_config.txt -lc:\snort\log -X
(All directories exist, and all files are correct and configured for Snort
v1.8)

What it does not do is log the offending packets correctly in their own
directories.
It creates the IP named directory, but the files have no contents. (have a
zero byte count).
The Alert.ids file is correctly written though...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!!!

Dennis Cooper, MSST III
Kansas Dept. of Corrections