Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort "portscan.log" file empty?

From: "Matt Harrell" <mhar () plexus-online com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:12:54 -0400

My alert.log file is actually even less used than portscan.log.  My
alert.log file hasn't been updated since April 17th.  We actually don't
see a lot of activity, normally.  Occasional port scans (mostly on
weekends) are about it.  I'm assuming these two logs don't get much
activity because they don't log specifically for the default.ida (Code
Red) stuff?  Thanks for the help.

Matt Harrell
Plexus Systems
mhar () plex-sys com