Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort and firewall

From: "GeEk" <koolman () visi0n net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

Here is What I did

DSL Router - 675
Firewall - Linux Box running bridge software, snort and iptables for extra
network foltering

INTERNET ---- 675 ----- FIREWALL ------ Switch ---- Web Server,
Workstation, Mail Server etc...

For the firewall not only can I see all traffic that passes throuhg the
router to all boxes but I have the firewall completely locked down so it's
practly impossible to hack even if a local machine is compermised..

--
LinSys

http://www.visi0n.net
Unix / Security Online Info

-----

When you die and your life flashes before your eyes does
that include the part where your life flashes before your
eyes?

-----