Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems making on a Cobalt Qube2

From: "Jason A. Haynes" <jahaynes () erols com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:38:24 -0400 (EDT)

You need GNU make.  Versions higher than 3.77 are reccomended.  To verify
you're not using GNU make:
---screen-cut---
$ make --version
GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
---screen-cut---

Dunno what OS the Qube2 uses (Irix?) but it shouldn't be hard to find the
source code for GNU make -- on any GNU mirror.  This version (or higher)
of make is required for most large sourceware projects and has nifty
features many deveopers have come to rely on to save time.

Enjoy,
Jason