Snort mailing list archives

Re: Changing the perms on the PID file

From: Avleen Vig <avleen () ivision co uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:04:54 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Dan Cuthbert wrote:

Hi all

Is there something in the makefile when compiling Snort that will allow me to change the perms of the
snort_<iface>.pid file to 644 as default?

Ello :)

From my limited knowledge of C (still learning!) I'm guessing it might be
set by this bit of code in snort.c :

            case 'm': /* set the umask for the output files */
                {
                    char *p;
                    long val = 0;

                    umaskchange = 0;

                    val = strtol(optarg, &p, 8);
                    if (*p != '\0' || val < 0 || (val & ~FILEACCESSBITS))
                    {
                        FatalError("ERROR: bad umask %s\n", optarg);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        defumask = val;
                    }
                    break;
                }

I haven't tried to set 'defumask = xxx;'  yet though, this is jsut a guess
:P

Av