Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.8.1 BETA 7 Release - WINDOWS - New Binaries

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:12:25 -0700

All Windows Snort Users:

*** New Binaries Release "Beta 7" ***

Thanks to Joe McAlerney of Silicon Defense, we now have a BETA BETA BETA
release of Snort 1.8.1 Beta 7 for the Windows platform.

My documentation has been updated for those of you that have installed
Snort 1.7.1 using Snortsnarf or Acid to view your alert files.

The documentation tells how to either upgrade your 1.7.1 install or do a
new install of Snort 1.8.1 beta 7 for either Snortsnarf or Acid.

If you are doing a new install, the documentation has all the latest
support software updates available for download right from the
documentation.

If you are upgrading from Snort 1.7.1 to Snort 1.8.1 Beta 7 using either
Snortsnarf or Acid all the necessary files are available for downloading
right from the documentation.

Read all the information prior to installing.

Joe has compiled four flavors of Snort 1.8.1 BETA BETA BETA 7 with a
special version that has MySQL and Flexable Response built into the same
executable.

You can grab your very own BETA BETA BETA 7 version of Snort 1.8.1 for
the Windows platform at:

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

PS. We are not supporting BETA versions. Use this at your own risk.

Note to all our US and International customers: We are not supporting
this BETA of Snort 1.8.1 for windows and do not recommend updating at
this time. We will be supporting the RELASE version when it is
distributed.

-Mike

        Commercial Snort Support
             1.866.41.SNORT
Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician