Snort mailing list archives

New Snort Module for Webmin

From: Mike Baptiste <mike () baptistefamily net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:56:41 -0400

I've used Webmin for some time and decided it was time Snort had a Webmin module for administration. I looked around and couldn't find one so I went ahead a coded one up this week.

The module allows for remote administration of the global parameters, rulesets, and rules. You can enable & disable rules with a mouse click. Rules can be added and edited. The status of all rulesets and rules is displayed in an easy to understand format.

If you're interested, you can find more info at http://msbnetworks.com/snort/

Though Webmin is for *nix, it provides a platform independant web interface for most *nix admin functions so you can administer your Snort installation from any box with a web browser. More info on Webmin can be found at http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

Mike