Snort mailing list archives

Core dumps on FBSD 4.3-stable

From: "Robert D. Hughes" <rob () robhughes com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:52:19 -0500

I'm running snort 1.8-beta5 build 24 on a -stable build of FBSD using the
latest whitehat 1.8 ruleset. Immediately after launching snort, it core dumps
with /kernel: pid 10707 (snort), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped).
The script command is  /usr/local/bin/snort -A full -c
/usr/local/etc/snort/vision18.conf -dDeX -i xl0 -L snortdumpout.log -u
nobody. It works if I use the rules packaged with the cvs build and run as
root, though this command line worked with 1.7. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob Hughes
Network Analyst
Voice (H) (972) 918-0980
Voice (W) (972) 856-3232
Voice (C) (214) 282-7996
Email rob () robhughes com, rhughes () compucom com