Snort mailing list archives

IIS Unicode Attack-Code

From: Olaf Gellert <gellert () pca dfn de>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:01:13 +0200

Hi,

I have many false positives on the "IIS Unicode attack".
Looking into spp_http_decode.c I find that the module
matches %FC in the URL. Is this necessary? I know of
%C0, %C1 and %C9 (backslash, slash etc). But %FC is
the german characte u_umlaut, which is very common
in german URLs (especially those for search engines).

Just a question. Didn't find anythign on whitehats.com.
Thanx for any explanation.
Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert                           mailto:gellert () pca dfn de