Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on a bridge

From: Wozz <wozz+snort () wookie net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:51:34 -0600

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:31:55AM -0000, Richard Oyh wrote:
Hi all

I have successfuly deployed IPF on an OpenBSD box with bridge, and wonder if
a similar setup is possible with Snort. Another question is, I have
succesfully ran Snort on a Linux box with an IP but was unable to do so
under OpenBSD. It complained that no interface was specified.Is there
something that I have forgotten? Thanks in advance.

Snort works fine on bridges.  An excerpt from one of my startup scripts:

/usr/local/bin/snort -i bridge0 -o -c /usr/local/etc/snort.rules.bridge0 -N -e -u snort -g snort -D