Snort mailing list archives

Re: Portscan from own interface

From: Midnight shadow <p.selder () freeler nl>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:30:31 +0200

preprocessor http_decode: 80 8080
preprocessor minfrag: 128

I you snort 1.8 beta xx, so my snort.conf and pre-processor rules are
different.

My pre-processor line from snort.conf looks like this:
preprocessor stream2: timeout 10, ports 21 23 80 110 143, maxbytes 16384

How can I find out from the "spp_portscan" log message, which ports are
involved?

I looked in the portscan.log file which is the output from the portscan
pre-processor. The output looks like this:

May 14 11:39:49 x.x.x.x:55537 -> 212.72.39.210:80 SYN ******S*

Thats where I got the idea that my firewall was making a normal connection to
a website or the like.

Thank you once again.

You're welcome.

Patrick