Snort mailing list archives

RE: Port 10008/tcp ?

From: "Tudor Panaitescu" <tpanaitescu () colorcon com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:04:32 -0400

No typo. Please check the link below, down the page, Lion v3:

http://www.whitehats.com/library/worms/lion/index.html

(Thanks to H D Moore <hdm () secureaustin com>).

By the way it is not in the ports database, it is not in the rules either, not
in the vision.rules. Just in case, quick and dirty, based on the analisys on
whitehats.com I added to my local.rules:

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 1008 (msg: "Lion v1/2 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 2555 (msg: "Lion v1 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 33567 (msg: "Lion v1 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 33568 (msg: "Lion v1 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 60008 (msg: "Lion v1 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 10008 (msg: "Lion v3 trojan access
attempted";)
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 27374 (msg: "Lion v3 trojan access
attempted";)

Any comments on these rules are welcome... ;-)

All the best,
Tudor

"Bunter, Matthew" <Matthew.Bunter () cwcom cwplc com> on 05/15/2001 12:25:32 PM