Snort mailing list archives

Antwort: DNS Query Logging?

From: <holger.bumke () nbg net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:22:13 +0200

Try this small Shell-Skript:

#!/bin/bash

# suite to your needs
NAMEDSTATS="/etc/named.stats"
PID="/var/run/named.pid"
LOG="/tmp/namedqueries.tmp"

# nothing to be changed below if you're using bash.
declare -i RR_new=0
declare -i RR_old=0

kill -SIGILL  `cat $PID`
RR_old=`tail -1 $LOG`
RR_new=`tail -3 $NAMEDSTATS | head -1 | awk '{print $1}'`
echo $RR_new >$LOG
echo "$[RR_new-${RR_old}]"

Other stats could be get by changing the field-parameter.

Nice job for cron/MRTG. =:^)

Hope it helps....

Regards,
   Holger

"Richard, Jeff" <Jeff-Richard () forum-financial com> am 10.05.2001 22:47:34