Snort mailing list archives

bcmath and ACID

From: Kevin Pietersma <kev () attcanada net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:42:30 -0400

RedHat 7.0
SNORT Version 1.8-beta6 (Build 26)
mySQL 3.23.32
ACID 0.9.6b10 and/or 0.9.6b11
Database schema 103 ...kept ip_src0-3 and ip_dst0-3 columns for backward compatibility
php-4.0.4pl1-3
Apache 1.3.19-1

mySQL, PHP, Apache are all rpm's. Only SNORT has been compiled (with-mysql=/usr) This was a working setup until I decided to upgrade SNORT. Still is a working setup for another SNORT sensor box running v1.7, logging to the same database. The problem is that with my current ACID setup is seeing the source and destination IP's as unknown. ACID v0.9.6b9 doesn't read the IP information from the new database schema. The new format is logged in a new database table ip_src and ip_dst in a form that requires bcmath to be called to convert the format. I have tried to upgrade ACID but I am getting the following error message;

PHP ERROR: PHP build incomplete: the prerequisite BCMath support required to manipulate IP addresses was not build into PHP. Please recompile PHP with the necessary library (--enable-bcmath)

According to the PHP web site;
"As of PHP 4.0.4, the BC math library routines are bundled in the standard PHP distribution. There is no need to install any additional files."

This does seem to be true since my current /etc/php.ini file has a section which pertains to bcmath;
[bcmath]
bcmath.scale = 0 ; number of decimal digits for all bcmath functions

What am I overlooking?  Is there some other setting I've missed somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
kev