Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.7 dies on OpenBSD 2.9 after some time.

From: Johan Simon Seland <johans () netfonds no>
Date: 22 Jun 2001 11:39:27 +0200

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com> writes:

Since 1.7 is horribly unstable, I will try to compile from cvs. But I
don't like using cvs code on a production system.

Come on. It IS MORE STABLE. I can't use 1.7 (without supervise, that
is), since it crashes every hour. Thus I use 1.8.

Anyone knows when 1.8 will be released?
How stable is the current cvs tree?

Stable, IMHO.

Well, it appears to be a memory leak. The resident size is growing at
about 1 MB/min on my system now.

This happens on todays cvs checkout, and I've tried building both with
and without the -g debug flag.

--
Jos^2e