Snort mailing list archives

Are you using Spade?

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:22:41 -0700

Dear Spade users,

As you may or may not know, the development of Spade (the anomalous packet sensor included in Snort as a preprocessor plugin) was done under funding from US DARPA. Well, next week Silicon Defense is meeting with our program manager at DARPA to show how we've done good work. One way we can show this is by demonstrating that Spade is in widespread use. But to do this, I need its users help. So...

+ In what organization do you use Spade?
+ What type of organization is this?
+ How do you use Spade?
+ What are its strengths?
+ What are its weaknesses?
+ Other comments:

If you could take a couple minutes to answer any or all of these questions, it would be great and we would appreciate it. This will help us improve our standing with our sponsors, especially with respect to this project. This should help us secure more funding that will enable us to do more good work in the future.

Please reply just to me (hoagland () silicondefense com), not to list.

Thank you,

  Jim

P.s. If you are using Spade in the US military or government, I especially encourage you to respond. This is especially valuable tech transfer from DARPA's perspective.

--
|*               hoagland () SiliconDefense com                *|
|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|