Snort mailing list archives

Re: performance snort question

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:18:09 +0200

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 02:46:19PM +0200, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:
Roeland Weve <roeland () office netland nl> writes:

I you use logging into MySQL, you must have a better configuration.
But, yes, I think this works fine when just Snort logs into txt file.

I am not sure about what the above means.  Which one is faster, mysql
or txt-file logging ?

binary loggin to a plain file?

--
ralf.hildebrandt () innominate com                            innominate AG
Technical Consultant                   Don't be afraid of what you see -