Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie Questions

From: Tim Parker <hostmaster () ebworld com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:31:53 -0400

Well, I got a couple of responses! thank you, but for some reason now I am
getting the following when trying to run SNORT as follows:

snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Initializing rule chains...
ERROR line /etc/snort/snort.conf (41) => Unknown rule type ((null))

Line 41 is a blank line???? Any clues.....