Snort mailing list archives

RE: I'm being attacked, now what?

From: "Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)" <Paul.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 02:53:49 -0400

Thanks to all for their input on this. I have obtained some great
information on this subject now!

I have seen mention of a script several times now that allows us IDS guys to
automatically lookup the email of the technical contact of an ISP when a
large attack occurs and send out an automated email. Can anyone post an
example of such a script? It would be nice to be able to automatically email
info to an ISP when an attack/probe occurs on a large scale. It is very time
consuming to send out manual emails to a dozen ISPs everyday!

Thanks again!