Snort mailing list archives

Re: simple quick question

From: Jed Haile <jed () grep net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:09:47 -0600

Short answer:
You can't. At least not in the alert file.

Long answer:
Try using a -b on the command line or put:
output log_tcpdump: tcpdump.log
Into your configuration file.

This will cause snort to log the packets in tcpdump format into your log dir.
You can then use snort -dv -r <tcpdump log file> to look at the packets. Or
you can use ethereal or any of the many other tools that work with tcpdump
files.

Have fun,
Jed