Secure Coding mailing list archives

Silver Bullet 102: Richard Danzig

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:27:56 -0400

hi sc-l,

The 102nd monthly episode of the Silver Bullet podcast features a conversation with Richard Danzig.  Richard is a very
accomplished leader who served as Secretary of the Navy (among other powerful positions).  He is currenty a member of
the Board of the Center for a New American Security.  Richard is attempting in his recent work to bridge the gap
between technologists and Washington policy makers when it comes to cybersecurity.

http://www.cigital.com/silver-bullet/show-102/

Our wide ranging conversation focuses mostly on a recent report Richard authored titled “Surviving on a Diet of
Poisoned Fruit: Reducing the National Security Risks of America’s Cyber Dependencies”
<http://www.cnas.org/surviving-diet-poisoned-fruit> which I encourage you all to read.  At the end of our conversation
we discuss when technologists like ourselves can do to improve computer security policy in Washington.

As always, your feedback on the podcast is welcome.

In other news, I hope to see some of you at Appsecusa in Denver this week.  I am giving Friday morning’s keynote.

gem

company www.cigital.com
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague
book www.swsec.com