Secure Coding mailing list archives

Silver Bullet 84: W Hord Tipton of ISC^2

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 07:51:02 -0400

hi sc-l,

Paco Hope and I have debated security certifications for years (a friendly battle of sorts).  During my last trip to
London on a train to go visit Ross Anderson in Cambridge, Paco suggested that I interview ISC^2 Executive Director Hord
Tipton.  I'm glad I did!

Hord and I talk about his long and storied career in technology and security.   And yes, we talk about certifying
software security professionals with the CSSLP certification (which Paco helped develop).  I'm still not sure I believe
in it, but I do understand what Hord is trying to accomplish more fully.  Have a listen:
http://www.cigital.com/silver-bullet/show-084/

As always, thanks for your feedback, and thanks to IEEE S&P for co-sponsoring the podcast.

gem

company www.cigital.com
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague
book www.swsec.com