Secure Coding mailing list archives

[WEB SECURITY] Are people using Threat modeling?

From: lists at ticm.com (Bret Watson)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:56:33 +0800

Sounds like my toolset... I've got some questionaires for them to do
beforehand - basically education for the architects- they learn that
if it doesn't come out yes all the way down it will be better if it
was fixed first
. We've also put together a nice business process to show the heads
(ie the ones that pay in this case) that it would be much cheaper to
not design it broken in the first place... :)

But in the end its interview and writeup :)

Cheers

Bret

Now concerning the tools:
- 2 hours meeting with some guys from the business, a developer and
the application
business owner
- I ask questions, they answer them, I take notes