Secure Coding mailing list archives

Silver Bullet: Steve Kent

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:22:08 -0500

hi sc-l,

Happy Thanksgiving to US subscribers.  My turkey is roasting (4 hours to go), so there's time to hop on the net and
announce the 44th episode of Silver Bullet---an interview with Dr. Steve Kent.  Steve has been doing Internet security
for approximately forever.  Steve became involved with the Internet in 1978 as an MIT grad student when he was asked to
work on security aspects of early protocols.  We talk about that, about BGP (and the famous "take the Internet down in
30 minutes" claim), and of course about software security.  Steve has had a very interesting view from the BBN catbird
seat.

http://www.cigital.com/silverbullet/show-044/

As always, your feedback on Silver Bullet is welcome.  The number of listeners continues to grow.  In 2010, I hope to
exceed 8000 listeners per episode (on average).  Ross Anderson's episode still holds the Silver Bullet record with
22,500 downloads.

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet