Secure Coding mailing list archives

informIT: US Cybersecurity

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:26:09 -0400

hi sc-l,

While I was on vacation last month, Gartner held its Information Security Summit in Washington.  John Pescatore, one of
Gartner's senior analysts and an important proponent of software security asked me to participate in a panel (together
with Howard Schmidt) on the Obama administration's plans for cybersecurity.  Since I couldn't make the panel, we
recorded a video response to John's questions which John showed at the summit.  The questions were formulated to prompt
a reaction to Melissa Hathaway's 60-day review and Obama's speech at the White House.

This month's informIT column is devoted to US Cybersecurity plans and my thoughts sparked by John's questions:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1379758

The original video is now up on the Justice League blog as well:
http://www.cigital.com/justiceleague/2009/07/14/moving-cybersecurity-past-cyberplatitudes/

As always, I welcome your feedback.

gem

company www.cigital.com