Secure Coding mailing list archives

FSTC

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:37:01 -0400

Hi sc-l,

Today Brian, Sammy and I briefed an industry group in the financial services vertical called the FSTC (Financial
Services Technology Forum) about the BSIMM.  We've often discussed outreach on this list and the importance of not
becoming too insular in the software security community.  In my view, this is the kind of outreach that helps move the
field forward past the early adopter stage.

The FSTC is reaching out both to large and small banks as well as to regulators on the software security front.  Many
vendors are involved in the effort as well.

Roger Lang can send you an executive summary about the FSTC and its Software Assurance initiative if you're interested
in participating.  For more see: http://fstc.org/

gem

http://www.cigital.com/~gem