Secure Coding mailing list archives

Work in the Secure Development/Secure Code Review Area?

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:05:25 -0400

The market for doing freelance writing has all but disappeared. You
could consider writing a book but you would probably earn more money
working at MacDonalds bagging fries than writing. In terms of
presentations, most conferences/events also do not pay. If you managed
to however put together training courses, there is some possibility.

Being involved in OWASP will help you network with others who actually
have money to spend on your services. Many OWASP meetings are held in
space of major corporations (e.g.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Hartford)