Secure Coding mailing list archives

SAMM 1.0 Released! | OpenSAMM

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:09:52 -0400

Good news today from the Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM) group.

http://www.opensamm.org/2009/03/samm-10-released/

Their release says:

"The Beta release has been out for quite a while now (since August
2008) and lots of organizations and individuals have provided
excellent feedback to help improve the model. I?ve heard lots of
stories from people using SAMM (some are consulting firms, and some
are development organizations) and that feedback has been some of the
most valuable. This release marks the official 1.0 version of SAMM and
there?s a few new pieces added:

     * Executive summary and introduction to the model
     * Improved details on applying the model to solve problems
     * Assessment worksheets for evaluating existing programs
     * Roadmaps for financial services and government organizations
     * Improvements and refinements to the model (I?ll cover changes
individually in separate posts)

Many thanks to the individual reviewers and the organizations that
have volunteered time to help improve SAMM. I look forward to more
active participants as we push forward with some of the future
development plans for SAMM."

Cheers,

Ken

-----