Secure Coding mailing list archives

SANS Institute - CWE/SANS TOP 25 Most Dangerous ProgrammingErrors

From: cwysopal at Veracode.com (Chris Wysopal)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:08:50 -0500

The only attention software security seems to get in the mainstream
press beyond the bug or attack of the day is from top X lists.  That
alone makes them worthwhile. They definitely steer the conversation in
the right direction. I think everyone involved in creating and promoting
top X lists believes they are a conversation starter and not an end game
for software security.  We just have to make sure the rest of software
security follows.

-Chris