Secure Coding mailing list archives

SDLCs and x.509 at OWASP Belgium, 4 March 2008

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:04:23 -0500

During the SecAppDev (http://www.secappdev.org) class next month in
Leuven, Belgium, there's also going to be a regional OWASP meeting.
I've been asked to join in and present a short session comparing
various secure development methodologies (Microsoft's SDL, Cigital's
"Touchpoints", and OWASP's own CLASP, mainly).  If you're in the area,
I hope you'll join us.  Local details are available on OWASP's site at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Belgium
.

While I'm there, I'll also be doing a CAcert/Thawte x.509 "signing".
So, if you're using either of these free x.509 certificate services,
and are still trying to get the 50 assurance points necessary to have
your real name on your certificates, stop by with two forms of
government-issued ID (and photocopies, if using Thawte -- not
necessary for CAcert).  I'll be happy to help out with either/both 10
Thawte points or 35 CAcert points.  No charge, of course.

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk