Secure Coding mailing list archives

Really dumb questions?

From: rcs at cert.org (Robert C. Seacord)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:57:24 -0400

James, Bret-

I agree with Bret that security and quality are inherently related (as
well as many other system attributes).

I think vendors (particularly sales guys) tend to reflect back to
customers what they are hearing from other customers.  So I think many
customers go to these vendors asking for "security"solutions or looking
for just general "QA" tools.  Of course, there are also subsets of
coding defects that are more high correlated with security
vulnerabilities which is what a vendor often means by "a security focus".

rCs