Secure Coding mailing list archives

Misc Thoughts

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:45:16 -0400

Many folks acknowledge that outsourcing poses additional challenges to enterprises. OWASP has done a wonderful job in
terms of creating boilerplate for procuring software, but nothing exists in terms of procuring services. What is the
best entity to create standard boilerplate for outsourcing?

Large enterprises have information protection policies which are statements of controls that can be audited by firms
such as Deloitte. Are there any good examples of "controls" that enterprises have adopted in terms of secure coding
practices that are publicly available?

One thought that I had is that secure coding practices could be pervasively implemented if we as a community started to
serve on non-profit advisory boards as these folks are the most exposed. How does one find opportunities to serve in
this capacity.

destroy all copies.