Secure Coding mailing list archives

Hiring Security Architects

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:15:19 -0500

We have had open job postings for security architects for a long time with zero hits and I would love to understand how
other enterprises are hiring practitioners. Would love your thoughts on the following:

*       Are large enterprises sticking with consulting firms to gain expertise in implementing secure coding practices
when they can't find full-time salaried individuals?
*       Any thoughts on the capabilities of large consulting firms such as Accenture, Cognizant, DiamondCluster or TCS
in terms of secure coding practices or is this still in the domain of "boutique" firms?
*       Has anyone ran across a job posting from any large Fortune 100 enterprise for a security architect / engineer
that was particularly good that I should consider plaigarizing?
*       Maybe the miss is in terms of compensation. What should an enterprise expect to pay in the marketplace for
someone truly knowledgable in secure coding practices?
*       If I wanted to get a college graduate and allow them to grow into this position, are their particular
universities that have received generous donations of static code analysis software so as to "educate" a younger
workforce? If not, what would it take for us to collectively "ask" some of the vendors in this space to do so?

destroy all copies.