Secure Coding mailing list archives

Could I use Java or c#? [was: Re: re-writing college books]

From: ljknews at mac.com (ljknews)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:57:56 -0500

At 10:47 AM -0500 11/6/06, der Mouse wrote:
I read this thread and I little be afraid.  I'm just ahead of a
complete rewriting of my program.  The previous code was written in
pure C (with an OOP looks-like somewhere).

Perhaps I'm missing something.  Why do you have to abandon C?  You
mention C++, C#, and Java, but no other languages; is there some reason
you have to use a language that tries to be object-oriented?

Is there some reason you have to use a language that "looks like" C ?
--
Larry Kilgallen