Secure Coding mailing list archives

eWeek: AJAX Poses Security, Performance Risks

From: ljknews at mac.com (ljknews)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:21:24 -0500

At 1:09 PM -0500 1/30/06, Kenneth R. van Wyk wrote:
Any AJAX experts here want to comment on the eWeek article cited below?

It claims, among other things that, "AJAX dramatically increases the amount of
XML network traffic being transmitted, exposing applications to Web services
vulnerabilities".

I have been involved in a dialog with AJAX fans (which is different from
experts) who say "you security folks just have to bow to the inevitable
and figure out how to secure whatever mechanism we come up with.

As for the article, it is obviously self-serving for someone's product.
--
Larry Kilgallen