Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: How do we improve s/w developer awareness?

From: "Paco Hope" <bhope () cigital com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:59:33 +0000

On the one hand, we're revisiting a topic that comes up like clockwork every
3 months or so.  Someone rants that it's the developers' fault, then someone
will inject a recommendation that tools can allow us to use trained monkeys,
and then someone will bring out an obscure operating system or language and
just say "If we all wrote object oriented snobol on Atari 2600s we wouldn't
have this problem."  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

On the other hand, I think I can say something constructive in reply to
this.