Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Secured Coding

From: Gunnar Peterson <gunnar () arctecgroup net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:34:29 +0000

so the question then is how do we security professionals catch up to where the
anasazis were 700 hundred years ago:

http://riskman.typepad.com/perilocity/2004/08/cliff_forts_vs_.html

-gp

Quoting Greenarrow 1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

As quoted in a recent email from the article, A Patch is a Patch, Antone
Gonsalves, Editor for InternetWeek:  To read the entire article use the
following link:

http://update.internetweek.com/cgi-bin4/DM/y/ekcm0GPBjC0G4X0BbSA0At

"Whether we're willing to accept it or not, bulletproof software
doesn't exist. Some applications are more secure than others, and
some vendors could do more to protect customers. But at the end of
the day, we're responsible for our own safety. Build your defenses,
as best you can, and then try not to worry. If it helps, just think
how small your problems are in relation to the universe."

I truly believe this as no matter how secured we make our programs there
will always be someone to figure how to break it.

Regards,
George
Greenarrow1
InNetInvestigations-Forensics