Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Education and security -- another perspective (was "ACM Queue - Content")

From: Fernando Schapachnik <fernando () mecon gov ar>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:07:34 +0100

En un mensaje anterior, der Mouse escribió:
In general, I don't think this is an issue that is unique to _secure_
programming (coding, design, etc.).  I think over the past 40 years
or so, as a discipline, we've failed rather miserably at teaching
programming, period.

Right.  But on the other hand, that's not surprising - when did you
last see even a course, never mind a program, in academia that was
_supposed_ to teach programming (as opposed to computer science or
software engineering or any of the various other things usually taught
instead of it)?

Care to explain what do you think a 'programming course' should have that is not
covered in SE or CS courses (or curricula)?

Regards.

Fernando.