Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Any software security news from the RSA conference?

From: Mark Curphey <mark () curphey com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:18:21 +0000

I thought this was interesting. I missed it but I am sure the message will
please many on this list (myself included)

---- Bill Cheswick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bill Gates gave a keynote on their current approach to security, and
the contents of SP2, due out 1H 2004.  From what I heard, Bill
"gets it."  He addressed about 4 of my top 6 complaints and remediations.
Quite a change from the rhetoric of five years ago.
But it is an Augean stable, and they have a long way to go.

Of course, the devil is in the details, and we will have to see.