Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: Code Signing Processes

From: "Tegels, Kent" <Kent.Tegels () hdrinc com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:06:34 +0000

Not so much questions, more that I'm interested in hearing what others
see as best practices. Looking for discussion rather than answers.

Stuff I am interested in:
* Best practices for key management
* What to sign, what not to sign

Stuff I'm less interested in, considering the nature of HDR.

* Algorithms (we're stuck with Authenticode)
* Tools (MS provides most of what needed out of the box)
* Toolkits and APIs (while I like writing small tools to make my life
easier, MS has already done most of this for us.)
* OS Services
* Infrastructure

It's not that I'm not interested in those facets at some level, but as I
wrote, I'm more interested in learning about the practices, protocols
and policies that others who use code signing are using.