Politech mailing list archives

Debunking Dell keylogger-built-into-laptop hoax [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:20:41 -0400

A number of folks have sent the Dell story along. It had the smell of a hoax from the beginning (would random local police be in on the conspiracy?), and these articles debunk it quite nicely:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/dellbug.asp
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/news/the-dell-keylogger-conspiracy-hoax.asp

-Declan